Using Video for Getting Traffic
With so many big video sites on the website – including, but not limited to YouTube, UStream.com and TinyChat – there has been a new method of gaining traffic revealed. It’s known as video marketing and is still in its infancy. Because of this, it is important to dedicate funds for this method of advertising because it is only going to grow in size and the sooner you get in on it, the more reward you’ll be able to reap. However, using it properly can be a little intimidating, especially for those that have never done it before.
This is a guide to make it easier to use video for traffic.
- Decide what type of video you want to make or have made. For example, do you want it to be a video that is humorous and spreads around because of humor or do you want it to be a video that provides detailed information on a very specific topic. If you owned a political site, do you want something funny about the President or something detailed about one of the policies he is trying to get passed?
- Begin making it. For most videos, you can do it simply from your computer by using the webcam or setting up a video camera on a tripod so it is aimed at you. However, the video is going to be very rudimentary and demonstrate how amateur it is. Therefore, getting someone to handle the camera for you or having a third party company make the video will allow for different angles and shots to be taken resulting in a more professional look.
- Add a section at the end of the video that details who you are. This could include an e-mail address or a website URL. While it can’t be clicked, people can see it and type it into their URL bar at the top of their web browser.
- Submit it to video sites. YouTube is obviously the best because they have a considerable amount of traffic and, because it is owned by Google, is continuing to grow. Therefore, submitting the video there is a good way of getting people to see it.
- Create a channel for your website so that people can check in when you submit a new video. This way, you can submit a new video and the people will get an e-mail update that you have submitted a video. This way, you’re developing a little community within your video submissions.
Getting in on the amount of traffic that comes from video marketing is an incredibly important decision and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. It is necessary that you create videos that provide worth for the person watching it. Whether that worth is through humor or through general information is irrelevant; so long as the viewer walks away remembering it even a little bit, the video has been a success. They’re more likely to come back to check out your site as well as your videos.